Lancaster University - InfoLab21
- Architect: Faulkner Browns
- Contractor: HBG Construction Ltd
InfoLab21, Lancaster University's centre for excellence in ICT (Information Communications and Technology) was designed by FaulknerBrowns, Architects, and built by HBG Construction Ltd.
The copper-clad building includes state-of-the-art computer facilities, offices, teaching space, a glass atrium and cafe with roof terrace and sedum garden.
InfoLab21 co-locates more than 250 ICT experts in the academic wing with around 20 specialised ICT SMEs in the Knowledge Business Centre, as well as an ICT- focussed training unit for the benefit of the local and regional industry.
The new building forms the physical hub of a virtual network of more than a hundred companies in the region. The project was undertaken between November 2003 and November 2004 and it is an iconic building clearly visible from the M6 motorway.
Description of Caswell Works:
Caswell were awarded the ventilation package which included the manufacture and installation of the following systems and equipment:
- All general supply and extract ductwork and ceiling mounted grilles
- All under-floor supply and extract systems together with floor mounted air terminals.
- Retractable Fabric Supply Air Ducts